04 July 2010

world cup 2010

World Cup started 11th last month, has come to the last 4 matches & 4 teams. Wow, i think am still on the fever of the tournament. I'm never really a football fan, not for those never-ending premiere league, FA Cup, UEFA... but i do watch some big game, like EURO, COPA and love the world cup.

I started the first world cup when i was 12. I remember it was 94, the USA's. I guess it was because of my dad, and i was really nurtured to the magical attraction of the world cup. And it was also the time i started to fell for Italy. Thinking back the year, i still remember the faces of Roberto Baggio, Dino Baggio, Pagliuca, Maldini... Wow, it was all 16 years ago. The year belonged to Brazil. I was so sad that Italy lost, and i had to go to school after the match. I've been supporting Italy since then, and also a motivation to wait for Italy's vittoria . Finally, Italy won their due last world cup, 2006, the Germany's. I was watching at home, alone, i danced, silently screamed (others were sleeping), i was so happy.

the 94's Italy squad

Then i thought, so maybe that was it. I lost my objective to watch the world cup. But when this year world cup come back, i'm still on it, i can still feel the fever, it still evokes the beauty of the wolrd's biggest game. I guess the addiction has been planted since then, by my dad. Tell you what, actually it is also a special bound between me and my dad, to talk about the world cup, it's been the most interesting topic between the 2 of us, :).
Another interesting thing that i discovered recently, and i find it quite funny, there are really no gay watch football, are there? I've looked around, no, no one, nobody at all! So the farnie part is, i guess am not that gay after all, ain't i? Hahahaha. Well, maybe 1, i guess Ryan is the only one. I enjoy this world cup also because i have kaki at office, you guys rock! I still can't get over that am the only gay around myself that really into world cup, tsk tsk tsk, hahahaha...

This world cup has nearly come to an end. 2 of my biggest favorite had lost, Argentina & Italy. Now left only Uruguay, Netherlands, Germany & Spain. I really hoped that this could be Arg, sigh, they have to wait for another world cup. It'll be in Brazil, 2014! I'll definitely still on it, the 20th anniversary of my world cup watching!

3 of the hottest player from the top 4 teams

one of the finest goalkeeper, the spanish Iker Casillas

the german striker, Lukas Podolski

the dutch striker who's up for Golden boot, Wesley Sneijder

3 comments:

Chris said...

This time world cup a lot of unexpected things happen... Which team u like the most?

ben said...

Can't you tell from my post? Of cause Italy, i like the new champion too.

Anonymous said...

very good information you write it very clean. I'm very lucky to get this information from

you.